The incubator: real value-added for the social entrepreneur
Start-up social entrepreneurs face a number of hurdles when they launch their businesses: strategy, working alone, a lack of contacts, and inadequate preparation in certain areas (finance, marketing), etc.
UnLtd India gives selected social entrepreneurs the tools they need to optimize their chances of success:
• access to a network of experts
• a personally designated mentor
• special classes (business plan, finance, tax issues, etc.)
• support in procuring funding
• an equipped working space
Social enterprises: an essential vector in promoting sustainability
The Edmond de Rothschild Foundations support UnLtd India in creating a fund designed exclusively for philanthropic purposes, which targets income-generating businesses.
The criteria include, in particular:
• maximizing measurable social impact
• generating sufficient income to allow financial independence within
five to seven years
• reinvesting a major part of the profits in developing the project